Picking a wedding photographer is hard, so here is a helpful guide To help you prepare! There are 12 questions that I always suggest couples ask their potential wedding photographers.
1. How would you describe your photography style?
I have a photo-journalistic style of shooting with a bright, airy, classic look. This means I will follow you throughout your wedding day to capture the beauty and emotion of the day -- in the small moments and personal touches, as well as the big, dramatic events. I strive for a timeless look, so that you (and your family) will treasure the photos for years to come.
2. Can I see the proofs for a full wedding you have shot?
Of course! Let me bring up a gallery of one of my recent weddings on the computer.
3. What kinds of photo edits/post-production work do you include as part of your service?
We edit and color correct every image in your gallery. The images in my portfolio and on my website will give you a good idea of what our editing looks like.
4. How long after the wedding can I expect to see my proofs?
I will have a full gallery up for you 4 weeks after the wedding. I know how excited you will be to see your photos after the wedding, so I'm passionate about getting them to you promptly!
5. Could you explain exactly what is included in your package(s), and can we customize one to fit our needs?
Absolutely! I have a package and pricing page that lays out what is included in each of my packages, and we can easily customize any package to meet your needs. Tell me what you would like included, and I will build a package that's a perfect fit!
6. How many hours of coverage are included?
Collection One includes 5 hours of elopement coverage and Collections Two & Three include 8 hours of wedding day coverage. If you need more coverage on your wedding day, more hours can be added for an additional hourly rate.
7. How much would it be for additional hours of coverage if things run late or if our plans change?
I charge $100/hour for each additional hour of coverage.
8. Do your packages include a second photographer?
In an effort to keep our package prices affordable there is no second photographer available for Collection One or Collection Two. However, a second photographer is included in Collection Three.
9. Can I see a contract?
Yes! I'll be happy to show you what my standard contract looks like, and you will be able to thoroughly review your own specific contract before you sign or pay.
10. What is your policy if you become injured or ill and can't photograph the wedding?
There are two possibilities in this situation
I will make every effort to find a suitable replacement. I have a wide acquaintance with the talented and dedicated photography community in my area, and I am confident that I could find a replacement who would do an excellent job. The second option is: if you don't wish me to find a replacement, I will refund your payment so that you can make alternate arrangements.
11. What kind of insurance do you have?
I have extensive liability coverage which extends to me and my equipment while I'm on the job.
12. Can you assure us that you have backup equipment?
I can. Part of the reason I bring a suitcase full of equipment with me to a wedding is so that I can be sure to always have my backup cameras, extra batteries, extra film and memory cards, etc., to be sure that all of my bases are covered. You can click here to see a summary of the gear that I bring with me to every wedding: